What is HOWIS?
HOWIS, the official website of NHS Wales, is a seamless service bringing together information sources about the health and lifestyle of the population of Wales into a simple, electronic-based service.
Healthplanonline - the Welsh Assembly Government's website on the implementation of its plan for the NHS in Wales, and Informing Healthcare - the NHS Wales Information Strategy, are now both accessible via HOWIS.
HOWIS is your online point of access to services including:
- NHS Wales Directory - Contact details for Hospitals, GP Surgeries, Pharmacies, Dental Practices, Opticians, NHS Trusts, Local Health Boards, Community Health Councils and other National Programmes and Services.
- Job Vacancies - the official source for jobs in the NHS within Wales.
- Personal Healthcare - Health care advice and information on healthy living.
- Health Watchdog - Independent and confidential advice on problems you have encountered with the NHS.
- Health Statistics - Statistical resources about health service delivery and performance.
- Health Publications - Publications, reports and consultation documents issued by NHS Wales, Welsh Assembly Government and other statutory bodies.
HOWIS provides you with:
- A one-stop shop to health information;
- Easy and instant access to health information;
- Timely, accurate and complete information;
- Links to the wider information base for healthcare.