- Welcome to the Royal Navy website
- 12th May 2006Rapid Reaction rescuers parachute into the SolentA crack team of Royal Navy personnel demonstrated their capability for maritime rescue by parachuting into the Solent from an RAF Hercules aircraft flying, dramatically, at only 610 metres (2,000 feet).
- 12th May 2006Dive, dive, diveLife on the subs that never sleep: The Royal Navy's Vanguard class nuclear submarines deploy globally with Trident nuclear missiles, Britain's independent deterrent. Graham Bound of focus magazine was invited to lift the hatch on this secretive world when he sailed aboard HMS Vigilant on sea trials.
- 9th May 2006Defence Secretary makes statement on Lynx crashSecretary of State for Defence, Des Browne, on Monday 8 May 2006 made a statement in the House of Commons about the tragic crash of a Lynx helicopter in Iraq on Saturday. Five UK personnel on board the aircraft are missing believed killed
- 18th - 22nd July 2006 - Plymouth’s Royal Citadel, home to 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery, is set to host the outdoor spectacular ‘Music of the Night’ for the eighth time this year.
- June of this year will witness a very special event in the Royal Naval calendar. The Massed Bands of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines will perform their world renowned Beating Retreat Ceremony on Horse Guards Parade, 14th and 15th June 2006
- SEA POWER IN ACTION. NAVY DAYS 06 is being held at Devonport Naval Base in Plymouth, Europe 's biggest Naval Base, from Saturday 26th to Monday 28th August 2006. Over 25 Ships and submarines will be open to visitors.
- This year’s Caledonia Fair promises to be an even bigger and better family day out than the tremendously successful 2004 Fair, with all three Regular and Reserve Armed Services and their Cadet Forces putting on dynamic and static displays
- The Royal Navy will be contributing to the crowd entertainment and spectacle accompanying the Volvo Ocean Race stopover in Portsmouth (May 19 to June 2) by providing a free show on the water and in the air.
- Welcome onboard HMS Collingwood and to an exciting day of competition and fun! I hope that you will really enjoy our Field Gun Competition as you meet my Officers and Ratings and have a chance to see HMS Collingwood’s Maritime Showcase.
- Wednesday 12 July 2006 - FAR MORE THAN JUST AN AIR SHOW ! A spectacular flying display will fill the skies with the awesome might of some of the world’s most powerful aircraft during this year's RNAS Culdrose Air Day.