Details of work being carried out in our science programme. You can find out more about our research fellows and European and international projects.
Our work includes:
• Setting the agenda, by identifying where strategic science can inform evidence-based environmental policies and positions.
• Funding science, by supporting programmes, projects, people and organisations in response to long-term strategic needs, medium-term policy priorities and shorter-term operational requirements.
• Managing science, by ensuring that our programmes and projects are fit for purpose and executed according to international scientific standards.
• Carrying out science, by undertaking research - either by collaborating, contracting it out to research organisations and consultancies, or by doing it ourselves.
• Delivering information, advice, tools, business efficiencies and techniques.
Our current research priorities address environmental problems in seven key areas, through the following science programmes:
12 July 2007
Author: Kim Thomas
Back to top
Anglian | Midlands | North East | North West | South West | Southern | Thames | Wales
I'm looking for...:
Environment Agency Wales
North East Region
North West Region
South West Region
Fun and Games
Science and Research
Environment Agency Home |
Change text only settings | Graphical view | Cymraeg
© The Environment Agency 2007
Page ends | Back to top