International trade - Contacts
If you require more detailed information on a specific International Trade topic please contact Defra directly through the contacts below.
Routine queries on import controls and procedures:
- Imports of horses, birds, livestock & their meats, milk and genetic material, and imports of ungulates, amphibians, reptiles, cats & dogs and ferrets (subject to commercial trade).
Animal Health Import Team
Animal Health Divisional Office
Essex CM1 2RU
Tel: 01245 358383
Fax: 01245 351162
International Animal Health Core Team
17 Smith Square
- Exports of animals and products of animal origin [cattle, equine, pigs, birds, poultry, all live animals, genetic material, meat and meat products – and domestic pets].
- Routine queries on export controls and procedures.
- EU Policy for trade in cattle, pigs, birds, poultry (live animals, products and genetic material) and domestic pets.
- Policy on TRACES and Poultry Health Scheme.
- EU policy for trade in sheep/goats, horses and Balai (live animals, products and genetic material).
- Delivery on artificial breeding controls.
Implementation of artificial breeding controls policy including approval of cattle and pigs for semen collection, collection centres and teams and DIY AI training courses.
All initial queries, on any of the above, should be directed to:
International Animal Health Division
Service Delivery Unit
2 Searby Road
Lincoln, LN2 4DT
Tel: 01522 563132
Fax: 01522 545014
ECUG was formed in 2002 to deal with trade interest in livestock, pig meat, semen and embryos. Further information about ECUG is available on this website.
The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) - This explains the rules on bringing pets such as cats, dogs and ferrets into the UK using the EU Pet Passport. It also provides information on importing domestic rabbits and pet rodents.
Stakeholders should contact their local Animal Health Divisional Office for queries relating to livestock or specific local circumstances.
If you have a problem using this site, please email the animal health and welfare Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified:
May 30, 2008