Department for Culture Media and Sport
Sustainable development has grown in definition over the last few years, away from just green issues, to involve the social and economic factors which contribute to the quality of life.
DCMS is committed to supporting and promoting sustainable development in all aspects of its work. We consider that the social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable development are reinforced by the cultural dimension which our sectors uniquely bring to the agenda.
- Advice, information and case studies covering a wide range of topics relevant to the sustainable development of the culture and leisure sectors are available under Pathways to Sustainability. Information on our work on the effects of climate change on the culture and leisure sectors is also highlighted.
- Our current plans for implementing sustainable development within the Department and among our sponsored bodies are set out in our Sustainable Development Action Plan 2008-11 published on 31 August 2008.
- The action plan is informed by Securing the future - UK Government sustainable development strategy and the cross governmental Sustainable Operations on the Government Estate.
- Details of our sustainable procurement policy are available in the procurement pages of Working with us.
- Our plans for tourism and sustainable development can be found on our What we do tourism policy pages of this site.
For more information contact: Patricia Mandeville by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top