The project team
NHS Employers’ team which is leading the NHS Pension Review in partnership with the Trades Unions.
- Tim Sands - Project Manager (seconded from the Department of Health)
- Jeremy Orr - Project Manager, NHS Employers
- Fiona Bray - Communications Manager, NHS Employers
The Steering Group
The Steering Group has representation from both management and staff sides and works in partnership to give direction to the project team.
Responsible for leading the Review in partnership with the Trades Unions. The Group members are: NHS Employers project team, NHS management, the NHS Pensions Agency, the Department of Health, the Treasury and the Welsh Assembly.
- David Jordison - project sponsor and chair
- Bill Urry - Department of Health
- Angie Walsh - Department of Health
- Gwenda Davies - National Assembly for Wales
- Richard Tompkins - North East Wales NHS Trust
- Chris Sandwell - NHS Pensions Agency
- Ruth McCall - Yeovil District Hospitals NHS Trust
- Angela Huxham - Addenbrookes NHS Trust
- Observers - representatives from the Scottish Executive and DHSS NI
Representing the Trades Unions in the Review.
- Eddie Saville, Allied Health Professions Alliance - staff side chair
- Verity Lewis, RCN - deputy staff side chair
- Andy Blake - BMA
- Brian Freake - Unite
- George Georgiou - RCM
- Sharon Holder - GMB
- Janice Collins - CSP
- Paul Bromley - Society of Radiographers
- Bill Campbell - Unison
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
A small group of pensions experts that advises on the design of new pensions measures proposed within the Review.
- Paul Robinson - The Department of Health
- Angie Walsh - The Department of Health
- Tim Sands - NHS Employers
- Paul Cambridge - NHS BSA PD
- Jayne Butler - NHS BSA PD
- Phil Simpson - NHSPA
- Andy Blake - BMA
- Bryan Freake - Unite
- Heidi Benzing - GMB
- Glyn Jenkins - Unison
- Peter Noonan - Government Actuary’s Department
- Hilary Salt - Independent Advisor (First Actuarial)