This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.

How to make a complaint

Download PDF PDF image

Should you be unhappy with the outcome of an FOI Act request, you should in the first instance contact the named individual within DfT who signed your response. He/she will review your complaint, reconsider any decisions relating to the release or withholding of information and, if appropriate, provide a further response. If, after review, the original response is considered correct, your complaint will be reconsidered by another DfT official (of at least the same level of seniority) who has had no previous involvement with your request or complaint.

If you are dissatisfied with the results of DfT's internal review, you may appeal to the Information Commissioner (