Information regarding the Environment Agency's data and your statutory rights.
This website is operated by the Environment Agency. In these terms and conditions 'we, our, us', refers to the Environment Agency.
The Environment Agency reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. We have complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
We do not promise that the information on our website will always be accurate, complete or up to date or that the information will provide any particular facilities or functions or be suitable for any particular purpose. You, must ensure that the information meet your needs and are entirely responsible for the consequences of using the Information.
Please also note any specific information warning given to you on about particular information on a particular page.
Contractor Use means passing of Information by a person who is using it for Non-Commercial purposes that are not Commercial to a person (Contractor) who is contracted on commercial terms to provide services, and:
- use is limited to the purposes of that contract, and
- all terms of this licence are applied, and
- the Contractor does not pass the Information to any person other than the person contracting with them or a subcontractor who complies with these conditions.
Information means the information supplied to you excluding anything that we have identified as Third Party Information.
Commercial use means use that is not Public Task Use that comprises:
- Internal Use for any purpose within a commercial body
- offering a product or service containing Information or derived information for direct monetary compensation such as the sale of a book or newsletter with a cover charge even if it does not cover all costs but not including a charge expressly permitted in respect of a Statutory Supply, or
- offering a product or service by a commercial body, or by any other body where the charge is greater than cost recovery, which does not contain Information or derived information but which has used that information, thereby obtaining indirect monetary advantage such as provision of advice based on that information, or charging for advertising space in a product that includes that information.
Non-Commercial use/purposes means use that is not Commercial.
Public Task Use means use of Information or derived information:
- for internal use by a public sector body or a body that is subject to the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, or
- by a public sector body in products or services to other parts of EU and UK Government or public sector bodies, or
- by a public sector body in products or services to any body outside the UK where the supply is in pursuance of international treaties or conventions
provided that in each case of Public Task Use:
- all use (including that by any permitted recipient body) is for the public task Internal Use of that body, and
- any charge reflects only the additional marginal costs incurred in the provision of those products or services, and
- the use does not comprise publication in any format (including on the Internet).
Statutory Supply means a supply of information by a public sector body required under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 1998 or in other statutory provision requiring information to be supplied where recipients are limited to Internal Use
Copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property used in or in connection with this site such as trademarks, trade names, database rights, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the website will remain the property of the Environment Agency or any relevant third party as the case may be. By using the website you agree to respect those intellectual property rights and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the website. Similarly all of the intellectual property rights in information displayed on the pages of this website are either owned by the Environment Agency or licensed from third parties who own them and no rights to use this information is permitted other than those set out below.
Permitted use of Information
Subject to complying with all of the following you may download, copy and make adaptations of the Information and give it to others.
- You must not make any Commercial use of the Information other than Contractor Use
- All copies you make must be attributed to us
- If you wish to put the Information on another website you must either do so as a fixed image or screen grab or seek extra permission from us
- Any Information that you supply to others must have a copy of these Terms and Conditions attached and you must tell the recipient to comply with its terms
Any intended use of Information must not represent a risk of:
- being misleading to anyone you pass the Information to,
- detriment to the Agency’s ability to achieve its objectives, or
- detriment to the environment, including the risk of reduced future enhancement, or
- being prejudicial to the effective management of information held by the Agency, or
- damage to the Agency’s reputation.
Please contact us if you need permission for any other use.
Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the website and cannot provide any representation that using the website will be error free. We will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, goodwill, reputation, anticipated savings or data in relation to your use of the information supplied to you. Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of the Environment Agency, or any of their employees or agents. Any implied promise or warranty is excluded as far as the law allows. Our maximum aggregate liability in connection with this agreement shall not exceed the total sum of one thousand pounds.
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
You may not transfer or in any other way make over to any third party the benefit of this agreement either in whole or in part.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and supersedes all oral or written agreements, representations, understandings or arrangements relating to its subject matter (whether previous, contemporaneous or future). You agree to waive any right to rescind this agreement by virtue of any misrepresentation and not to claim damages for any misrepresentation that is not fraudulent.
If any part of the agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or other competent authority to be unenforceable, then that part will be severed from the remainder of the agreement which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Rights Of Third Parties
No third parties shall have rights to enforce any part of this agreement under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.