- I own a leasehold house. How much will the freehold cost me?
- How can I buy the freehold of my building?
- I want to extend my lease. Other than the price paid to the freeholder, are there any other costs?
- How long can I extend my lease for?
- Why do I have to extend my lease?
- I own a leasehold house. How do I buy the freehold?
- What will it cost to apply to the LVT?
- Where can I get a copy of my lease?
Complexity. Jargon. Legalese. The law affecting flats and leasehold property (and often, significantly, someone's home) can appear daunting to the uninitiated. Often it's simply a case of access to the right information to sort out an issue. That's where we at LEASE can help.
The Leasehold Advisory Service is an Executive Non Departmental Public Body (ENDPB) funded by Government to provide free advice on the law affecting residential leasehold and commonhold property in England and Wales. We also offer a mediation service.
If you have concerns or issues relating to leasehold property, this website is your starting point. Whether you are a leaseholder, a freeholder or a property professional, The Leasehold Advisory Service is here to help.
Find the right information for you
Which of the following statements best describes your situation:
Extending your lease?
Use our lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of renewing your lease...