Terms and conditions
Using this website
Access and use by you of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This takes effect from the date on which you first use this website.
Unless otherwise specified the information on this site is covered by either Crown Copyright, Crown Database Right or has been licensed to the Crown. It is your responsibility to clear any other rights.
You are encouraged to use and re-use the information that is available on this site and other linked Crown government sites freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
You are free:
- to copy, distribute and transmit the information
- to adapt the information
- to exploit commercially the applications you develop if you choose that route
- acknowledge the copyright and the source of the information, but not in a way that suggests we endorse you or your use of the information
- ensure that you do not distort, mutilate, modify or take other derogatory action in relation to the information
With the understanding that:
- any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder
- where the information or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by this licence
- in no way are any of the following rights affected by this licence:
- your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable
copyright exceptions and limitations
- the author’s moral rights
- rights other people may have either in the information itself or how the information is used, such as publicity or privacy rights
We have aligned these terms so that they are interoperable with any Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence. This means that you may mix the information with other Creative Commons licensed content to create a derivative work that can be distributed under any Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence.
Information you submit
We want the information on this site to be open and as easy to re-use as possible. When you submit information to this site we will work on the basis, unless you clearly state otherwise alongside your work, that you are granting the Crown a non-exclusive, irrevocable right to use and pass on all public information that you submit (for example descriptions of your ideas and screenshots of your apps) as well as the right to re-use allow the re-use of that information. This is so that we can place the contents of this site under the same permissive licence terms as above. Your ideas and applications remain your own.