This is a chance for us all to celebrate success. Please send in your own stories of successful initiatives. You might find it useful to use the template. A big thank you to all of our colleagues who have already shared information.
- Evidence-Based Practice - The Evidence Informed Practice in Social Care project, a South Yorkshire pilot to investigate and improve access to the evidence base for socal care practitioners, reported in March 2007. [download]
- The Health Information and Library Service in Sheffield makes an active contribution to Sheffield South West PCT's Evidence Based Practice Group. [download]
- Information Surgeries - The Outreach librarian at Milton Keynes has developed a model of Information Surgeries as means to work with local teams.[download]
- Liaison with Dentists, Optometrists, Pharmacists, and GPs [download] - Asked to act as the key contact for these providers of patient information, Islington PCT Library and Knowledge Service wrote a targeted letter to each provider in the borough, each similar to the letter to Pharmacists.
- LMS for Health Promotion and Public Health Libraries - Working in partnership, Durham and Chester-le-Street PCT and Derwentside District Council have produced a successful web-based LMS to meet the specialised needs of Health Promotion and Public Health Libraries.[download]
- Partnership working - Hull and East Riding Knowledge, Information and Library Services Partnership benefit from joint working across 3 trusts (mental health, acute and primary care which is based in public health directorate).[download]
- Pharmacy Campaigns - One of the Essential Services in the new pharmacy contract is the promotion of healthy lifestyles. Eastern Leicester and Leicester City West PCTs have developed a cost-effective model of partnership working to support pharmacy campaigns. [download]
- Promoting the service to PCT staff - The Knowledge Resources team in Nottingham report on a successful venture to promote library and information services to primary care.[download]
- Promoting the service to practice nurses - The 5 Leeds PCTs Health Informatics Service Library successfully promoted the service to practice nurses in GP practices throughout the city.[download]
- Sharing best practice - Sheffield Care Trust has developed a programme of multi-disciplinary events to share good practice [download].
- Working with hospices - A successful joint bid to the West Yorkshire Workforce Development Confederation secured funding for the provision of four PCs for the hospice library. [download]