Publishing Services Team
Responsibilities in relation to official publishing
The Publishing Services team exercises a wide range of responsibilities on behalf of the Queen’s Printer (QP) in relation to official publishing. These include:
- overseeing the printing and publication of UK legislation enacted by the UK Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly; and delegated legislation made by UK Government departments, the Northern Ireland Administration and the National Assembly for Wales;
- Supporting the Queen’s Printer for Scotland (QPS) in overseeing the production of legislation enacted by the Scottish Parliament and delegated legislation made by the Scottish Administration;
- superintending the production and publication of the official Government newspapers, the London Gazette, Belfast and Edinburgh Gazettes;
- co-ordinating the publication of Command Papers and other publications within the House of Commons Numbered Series which are originated by government departments and other Crown bodies. A list of Command Papers is available with links to the full text (where available on the Internet).
Editorial responsibilities in relation to statutory publications
In addition to overseeing the publication of all UK legislation the team also has a range of editorial responsibilities for UK statutory publications. The titles produced include:
- the Annual Volumes of Acts of Parliament and Acts of the Scottish Parliament on behalf of the QPS;
- the Annual Editions of UK Statutory Instruments, Statutory Instruments made by the National Assembly for Wales and Scottish Statutory Instruments on behalf of the QPS;
- the Chronological Table of Statutes from 1235 - 2002; and
- the Chronological Tables of Local and Private Legislation.
Registration of statutory instruments
The team is also responsible for the registration and numbering of all United Kingdom Statutory Instruments including those made by the National Assembly for Wales and Scottish Statutory Instruments on behalf of the QPS.
Finding official publications
Recognising the need to ensure that users of Official Publications can readily track what has been produced, the team is responsible for ensuring that a bibliographic record is produced for all United Kingdom Official Publications.
Where to find us
Office of Public Sector Information
102 Petty France
Tel: 020 3334 2799