Title: Barrister Members of the Family Procedure Rule Committee
||No remuneration. Reasonable travel expenses are paid.
||Greater London, London
||03 August 2010
||20 September 2010
||Ministry of Justice
|Number of vacancies
The Family Procedure Rule Committee was created by the Courts Act 2003. Its purpose is to make rules of court governing the practice and procedure to be followed in family proceedings in the High Court, county courts and magistrates’ courts.
The Secretary of State for Justice, in his capacity as Lord Chancellor, invites applications for the following vacancies:
One person who has (i) a Senior Courts qualification and (ii) particular experience of family practice in the High Court
One person who has (i) a Senior Courts qualification, and (ii) particular experience of family practice in magistrates’ courts. Eligibility for this vacancy is not restricted to practising barristers and would include, for example, magistrates’ courts legal advisers who hold a Senior Courts qualification and can demonstrate experience of family proceedings in the magistrates’ courts.
• Having the appropriate experience for the appointment required by s77 (2) of the Courts Act 2003
• Evidence of the ability to work in a committee and take an active and influential part in debate and to make time to serve on the Committee
• Commitment to the simplification and reform of family justice procedures
• Evidence of sound committee experience and inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in the rule making process
- Familiarity with the administration of the family jurisdiction
- A commitment to valuing diversity
The Committee meets 10 times a year.
How to apply
Please complete and return the enclosed application form. To also request a hard copy please contact:
Ministry of Justice
4.23, 102 Petty France
Telephone No.: 0203 334 3127
Fax No.: 0203 334 3230
060710120927_Advertisement FPRC Barrister Vacancies 2010.doc
060710120906_FPRC Appointments 2010 Application PACK .DOC