Research observatories exist in order to enable access to a wide range of data and intelligence in economic, social and environmental issues. They seek to support better decision-making by providing better evidence to underpin policy-making.
Research observatories can:
- Provide bespoke intelligence and forecasting at a national, sub-national, sub-regional and local/neighbourhood level
- Identify key indicators and research on a large range of topics
- Provide access to key datasets
- Provide information on recent research and policy developments
- Facilitate joint working on issues of common interest within an area
- Commission and conduct research to fill gaps in data and intelligence
To find out more about our members pick from the list on the left of this page.