This website is designed to high standards of accessibility so that as many site visitors as possible can easily view its content and use its features. We will continue to work toward improving accessibility.
- Speaking browsers
The NICE website uses Browsealoud to read aloud its content. You can download Browsealoud by clicking on the logo and following the instructions. You can also view video tours on how to download or customise features on the Browsealoud website.
If you are experiencing problems, please contact the Browsealoud help desk by phoning 0800 328 7910 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are few images on this website or within documents. The content of images is described using alt tags.
This website uses standard document formats (for example, HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat). If your computer does not have software to open particular formats, you can download file readers from Microsoft or Adobe.
- Text-only mode
Click Vision impaired in the top left corner of the screen to convert the website to text-only mode using contrasting colours (yellow/blue). This mode offers full navigation around the site and site functions. The on/off switch for this feature is at the top of the text-only screen.
NICE guidance in other formats
- Welsh language
NICE publishes its information for the public in Welsh on the website.
- Audio or translation services
NICE occasionally publishes guidance in audio format on this website. Contact us to enquire about NICE guidance in alternative formats.
Links to other websites and documents
All links to external websites should open in a new browser window. Links to documents should open up a landing page in the same browser window which contains the file size and format of the document. Links to documents from these landing pages should then open the document in a new browser window.
Changing text size
- Website text size
In Internet Explorer on a PC, select the View menu at the top of the screen. To change font size, scroll down and select the Text size option.
- Document text size
Use the Zoom feature in the toolbar to change the text size of Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat documents.
Changing colour and fonts
PC users can override website colour and font page styles by modifying browser settings:
- With Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Within Internet Options, select the General tab and click Accessibility. This gives a page of menu options from which you can tick a box to ignore the predefined page style. Return to the Internet Options menu, and select your own colours and fonts.
- Macintosh users can override website colour and font page styles by modifying browser setting. With Internet Explorer, from the top menu bar, select Preferences. Within the Web Browser section, select Web content and uncheck the Show style sheets tick box. Select Language/fonts and choose the preferred text size from the font options.
Keyboard navigation is an alternative to the mouse for browsing websites.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll up or down pages.
- Use the tab key to move between links, and press return or enter to select one.
- Use the backspace key to go back to the previous page.
Further information about NICE web accessibility
- NICE accessibility rating and further information about the Web Consortium Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
This page was last updated: 15 June 2009