Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic is declared fit to be extradited from Serbia, despite his lawyers expressing concern about his health.
- Arrest stirs Sarajevo memories
- How will health be assessed?
- How Mladic was caught
- In pictures: Arrest reaction
- Case grips Europe's media
Fifa's ethics committee places under investigation its president Sepp Blatter over accusations he failed to report the payment of alleged bribes.
Greek leaders meeting in Athens fail to give cross-party support to Prime Minister George Papandreou's new austerity plan.
An Air France plane which plunged into the Atlantic in 2009 fell in minutes after its crew struggled with conflicting speed readings, investigators say.
World leaders at the G8 summit in France issue a joint call for the embattled Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi to step down.
Features & Analysis
Striking images from around the world
Why did US X Factor drop Cheryl Cole?
Maltese in acrimonious split over divorce question
Yemen's Saleh holds out for a better deal
How much change did Obama get after paying 50 euros for beer?
Barcelona star Lionel Messi cherished as football final looms
Nortec Collective's unique fusion of Mexico with electronica
Elsewhere on BBC News
You don't have to be a pro to build an app as citizen developers come to the fore
Last Updated at 20:59 GMT
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||5655.11||Up||23.67||0.42%|
- Air France jet plunged suddenly
- Canadians defend 'no-gender' baby
- Gen Mladic 'fit to be extradited'
- Greek austerity negotiations fail
- Record-breaking picnic table bid
- Lost pyramids spotted from space
- Queen safety police wheel-clamped
- Malta's acrimonious split over divorce question
- G8 leaders call on Gaddafi to go
- Mars 'remains in embryonic state'