For a PDF version of the step-by-step guide, please click here
Step by step guide to registration and certification of Merchant Ships joining Parts I and IV of the UK Ship Register
This guide is designed to help you through the registration process by identifying the procedures and documentation required for ships applying to join Part I or IV of the UK Ship Register.
To be eligible to register a ship on Parts I or IV of the UK Ship Register applications need to be made by either
- a British Citizen;
- a British Dependant Territories Citizen;
- a British Overseas Citizen;
- Companies incorporated in one of the EEA countries;
- Citizens of an EU member state exercising their rights under articles 48 or 52 of the EU Treaty in the UK;
- Companies incorporated in any British overseas possession which have their principal place of business in the UK or those possessions;
- or European Economic Interest Groupings.
When none of the qualified owners are resident in the UK, a representative person must be appointed who may be either:
- an individual resident in the UK
- a Company incorporated in one of the EEA countries with a place of business in the UK
If for any reason you are unable to find the documents you need on this website, please contact us and we will be happy to forward a printed copy.
UK Ship Register
105 Commercial Road
|Tel:||+44 (0) 23 8032 9197|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 23 8032 9447|