We're the government department responsible for reducing and preventing crime.
Latest on this topic
Tackling knives and serious youth violence action programme (phase ll) - an assessment
The tackling knives and serious youth violence action programme (TKAP) aimed to reduce all serious violence involving 13- to 24-year-olds.
Published 24 May 2011
Preventing female genital mutilation
Information and guidelines for front-line workers about how to prevent this illegal activity.
Published 26 April 2011
Domestic homicide reviews come into force on 13 April 2011
Local areas are expected to review a domestic violence homicide - see our online learning and information leaflets
Published 31 March 2011
Vision for Safe and Active Communities
Baroness Newlove's report calls for a culture change so neighbourhoods no longer see crime as 'someone else's problem'
Published 29 March 2011
Preventing and reporting crime
- What you can do to help prevent crime - Directgov: crime prevention (new window)
- Help if you've been a victim of crime - Directgov: help and support for victims of crime (new window)
- What you're entitled to - Directgov: your rights as a victim of crime (new window)
- Avoid becoming a victim - Directgov: Types of crime (new window)
(Links will open in a new window)
- Reporting crime on the Directgov website
- MOJ consultation - Breaking the cycle - effective punishment, rehabilitation and sentencing of offenders
We are not responsible for the content of external websites.