21st Century Welfare
Started: 30 July 2010
Closed: 1 October 2010
Through this consultation the Department for Work and Pensions sought views to inform our thinking on reforms to the benefits and Tax Credits system.
On 11 November 2010 the Government published its report on the responses to the consultation.
- Consultation responses to 21st Century Welfare (1.98MB)
- RTF version – 21st Century Welfare response (525KB) RTF
Copies of this publication are available free of charge from the Benefit Reform Division by:
Post Benefit Reform Division, Department for Work and Pensions, 1st Floor, Caxton House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NA
Telephone 020 7449 7688
The White Paper “Universal Credit: welfare that works”, also published on 11 November 2010, sets out the Coalition Government’s plans to introduce legislation to reform the welfare system by creating a new Universal Credit.
- 21st Century Welfare consultation (1.99MB)
Rich text format
- 21st Century Welfare consultation (323KB) RTF
Welsh Quick summary
Easy read version
Easy read summary
Welsh executive summary
- Lles yn yr 21ain Ganrif (494KB)
- Easing the transition into work (Part 2: client survey) (1.76MB) Woodland S, Mandy W and Miller M, 2003, Department for Work and Pensions Research Report No 186.
- Fraud and Error in the Benefit System: October 2008 to September 2009 (352KB) Department for Work and Pensions.
- Parent’s work entry, progression and retention and child poverty (1.54MB) Browne J and Paull G, 2010, Department for Work and Pensions Research Report No. 626.
- Lone Parent Obligations: early findings of implementation as well as experiences of the Income Support and Jobseeker’s Allowance regimes (755KB) Gloster, R et al, 2010, Department for Work and Pensions Research Report No. 645
- Spending priorities in the benefits system: Deliberative research with the public (1.07MB) Hall, S, 2009, Department for Work and Pensions research report 559.
- Benefit Simplification and the Customer (746KB) Royston, S, 2007, Department for Work and Pensions paper.
- Customer Insight findings report – Single working age benefit (59KB) Department for Work and Pensions Customer Insight, July 2010.
- Customer Insight findings report – Well enough to work (70KB) Department for Work and Pensions Customer Insight, July 2010.