Major Research Projects
A large number of researchers at Keio University generate enormous synergy in many academic fields in the forms of extensive research projects. Many of them play the roles of vanguards to contribute to the body of knowledge, and hence, to actualize brighter future for the world. It is a great pleasure for us to share excitements of such collaborative efforts made here in Keio University with you.
The Global Center of Excellence is a program grant set by MEXT to strengthen both research and education of graduate schools in Japan. It is to nurture researchers capable of leading international scientific scenes through formations of internationally competitive centers. Its emphasis is on fosterage of international scientific exchanges. The following research projects from Keio University are approved and granted as such G-COE programs.
2008 - 2012
- Education and Research Center for Stem Cell Medicine
- Center for Education and Research of Symbiotic, Safe and Secure System Design
- Raising Market Quality - Integrated Design of "Market Infrastructure"
- Designing Governance for Civil Societies
2007 - 2011
- High-Level Global Cooperation for Leading-Edge Platform on Access Spaces
- Centre for Advanced Research on Logic and Sensibility
- Global COE for Human Metabolomic Systems Biology
The 21st Century Center of Excellence Program is a program grant set by MEXT. Its aims are improvements of research environments and development of competent human resources for researches. A number of projects from Keio University are approved and granted as such programs.
2003 - 2007
- Establishment of individualized cancer therapy based on comprehensive development of minimally invasive and innovative therapeutic methods
- Basic study and clinical application of human stem cell biology and immunology: Approaches based on the development of experimental animal models
- Integrative Mathematical Sciences: Progress in Mathematics Motivated by Natural and Social Phenomena
- System Design: Paradigm Shift from Intelligence to Life
- Development of a Theory of Market Quality and an Empirical Analysis Using Panel Data (Japanese only)
- Designing toward the Ordering of Political Society in a Multicultural and Pluri-generational World
- Policy Innovation Initiative: Human Security Research in Japan and Asia
2002 - 2006
- Understanding and Control of Life's Function via Systems Biology
- Function Creation Oriented Life-Conjugated Chemistry
- Optical and Electronic Device Technology for Access Network
- Toward an Integrated Methodology for the Study of the Mind
- Next Generation Media and Intelligent Social Infrastructure
Keio-NUS CUTE Center
The CUTE (Connective Ubiquitous Technology for Embodiments) Center was set up as Keio University's contribution to the Singaporean governmental intent to promote international collaborations between Singaporean universities with Interactive Digital Media (IDM) research institutes to enhance the country's researches in the field. The center is operated through close cooperations between Keio University, particularly, Graduate School of Media Design, and National University of Singapore (NUS). The center's research focuses are on IDM topics such as lifestyle media in ubiquitous societies, global computing utilizing leading-edge networks, trends in digital contents and Asian pop cultures.
KARC was established to promote advanced and interdisciplinary research activities throughout Keio University. KARC has an active and flexible modus operandi towards the establishment, revision, and management of research centers. It aims to stimulate research activities in diverse fields while improving efficiency and speed.
- For inquiries about Industry-Academia Collaboration:
For media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other inquiries: http://www.keio.ac.jp/english/contact_us/index.html