This website has been designed to give as many people access to the material held within the Parliamentary Archives as possible, as easily as possible.
The notes below give information about specific accessibility features. However, if you are having any trouble accessing any of the website, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- There are historic documents on the website, including several handwritten ones. These are presented in asset viewers built in Flash to enable close examination of all elements of the documents.
Download the latest version of Flash player from http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer
Alternative HTML pages have been created where appropriate to provide a static click-thru version.
- The website uses cascading style sheets to mark up its content instead of relying on tables.
- All text is scaleable, except where presented as an image - for example a photograph of a historic document - though in those cases documents can be zoomed into allowing examination at close detail and text on their transcripts is scaleable.
- All images have alt tags.
- The website supports the following access keys.
- 0 - access keys
- 1 - home page
- 2 - about
- 3 - members
- 5 - a-z index
- 6 - publications
- 9 - feedback
- b - business
- g - glossary
- t - two kingdoms
- a - Making the Act of Union
- u - united into one kingdom
- i - interactive
- The breadcrumb trail below the section navigation lets you know where you are at any one time and where you are in relation to the rest of the site.
- A dedicated print style sheet is used to optimise pages for printing.
- The website has been built with reference to the World Wide Web Consortium's W3C standards Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), the Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 78, developed by the British Standards Institution (BSI) and sponsored by the Disability Rights Commission (DRC), Colorblind Web Page Filter, Luminosity Contrast Ratio Analyser and Colour Contrast Analyser
Remember; if you have any queries regarding access to any of our material please contact us.